The key problem for our customers in the current economic climate is knowing that the services they are paying for offer best value for money whilst providing maximum results and ultimately saves their organisation money. Utilising 'proof in total' and analytical review audit techniques that take complete data sets, rather than sample based testing is much more efficient and provides reliable results.
Computer Assisted Audits Techniques allow Internal Audit and Assurance professionals to provide Senior Management with an accurate level of assurance for the area under review. South Coast Audit services includes computer assisted audit specialists at the same rate that you have already agreed with us. There are no surprise premiums and no 'percentage fees' from identified savings.
It is almost a given that companies are using data analytics and those that aren’t are behind. What is really happening in your organisation?
We can give you confidence in the accuracy and integrity of transactions underlying your key business processes and financial reporting. Benefits include:
- Analysis of 100% of datasets for complete assurance.
- Identifying trends, pinpointing exceptions, and highlighting potential areas of concern.
- Identifying control issues and testing compliance with organisational and regulatory standards.
- Forming part of a strategy for continuous audit and assurance.
The results are comprehensive.
We can take complete data sets over any timescale that suits your needs (1 week, 1 month, 1 quarter, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, etc).
Datasets containing millions of records (activity, financial or statistical) can be analysed quickly and accurately.
We provide accurate and speedy reports once the data is imported.
Having successfully used data analytics to help save our customers money (through: identifying duplicate transactions; reconciling Payment by Results activity to recharged activity; recovery of overseas visitor expenses; identifying mobile phone usage trends and costs and many other areas) why not let us help your organisation?
We reviewed the completeness and accuracy of activity captured between the Payment by Results (PbR) data and that reported to the Secondary User Service (SUS) at a large acute hospital. We were able to:
- provide assurance that all activity captured in PAS had been appropriately transferred for billing.
- Identify that the allocation of Healthcare Resource Groups (HRGs) by SUS varied from those allocated by the Trust. Applying the national tariff rate we were able to identify a a total difference in cost of between £500k and £1.2m.
As a result of our work, we now provide continuous monitoring each quarter to ensure that the Trust are able to rectify any financial issues, before financial cut-off dates.